2015 has been a remarkable year for the Friends of Pelham Bay Park. Last fall, we began our series of Partner Events highlighting the groups that enrich our experiences of Pelham Bay Park. We also inaugurated the year with the installation of three accessible outdoor fitness pieces funded by our members and placed near the park’s running track.
We’ve accomplished so much in the last year:
- Fall Festival celebration at Pelham Bay-Split Rock Golf Course
- Picture The Park! Photo contest that more than tripled our Facebook reach
- Meet & Greet Soirée at the Bartow Pell Mansion Museum
- East Meets West event co-hosted by the Friends of Van Cortlandt Park at the Bronx Ale House
- Oktoberfest celebration with The Bronx Beer Hall at Turtle Cove Golf Center
- New Friends of Pelham Bay Park Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr pages
- Traveling Photo Exhibit of our photo contest winners held with the support of the City Island Nautical Museum, Huntington Free Library, and the Poe Park Visitor Center
It has truly been an amazing year, and we’re just getting started. Our updated website, pelhambaypark.org, has more accessible features to learn about New York City’s largest park—including expanded features on the Park’s history and natural resources.