It’s been a busy and exciting summer in Pelham Bay Park! Here’s what has happened so far:
- On Thursday, June 22nd, NYC Parks brought SING to the park with Movies under the Stars.
- Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz, Jr and State Senator Jeff Klein hosted their annual fireworks display on June 29th to celebrate Independence Day.
- Family Fun Day kicked off the summer on July 8. We partnered with the Westchester Square Zerega Improvement Organization to bring an afternoon of fun and entertainment for the whole family.
- The Pelham Bay Park Administrator’s Office brought juggling, comedy, puppet shows, and acrobats to the Playground for All Children in July and August.
- The New York Public Library has been reading stories in the shade of the gazebo in the Playground for All Children, every Thursday at 11am.
- On July 15th, the Pelham Bay Park Administrator’s Office and Bronx Recreation brought roller skating to Orchard Beach for families and adults.
- Movies under the Stars came to Orchard Beach on July 21st with Rogue One, the latest movie set in the Star Wars universe.
- NYC Parks brought Japanese drumming sensation Taikoza to the Playground for All Children on July 22nd.
- The Bronx Arts Ensemble filled the park with the sweet sounds of Salsa and Afro-Cuban Music with Greg Diamond Band on July 28th.
- On July 29th, Bronx Recreation and the Pelham Bay Park Administrator’s Office bring volleyball back to the beach.
- Next up: Silent Disco at Orchard Beach on August 12th! RSVP here. [Edit: Silent Disco has been postponed. More information to come!]
As always, join our newsletter to always stay up to date on what’s happening in our Pelham Bay Park